Graydon Skincare – The Healing Power Of Plants Captured In Skincare
If you’re a fan of natural beauty brands, chances are you’ve heard of Graydon Skincare. I was lucky enough to come across the brand as I was researching skincare brands in Ontario and I got even luckier when I got to meet Graydon herself. I met with Graydon over a cup of warm cocoa-ey drink that she made for me. As I watched her mix beautiful raw ingredients into a delicious concoction, I knew that this woman knew her stuff! It’s clear that the brand she’s created was created with passion for raw beneficial ingredients and knowledge of the benefits of a plant-based diet that is part of Graydon’s lifestyle.
“…the focus of my work is to leverage the transformative power of pure plant-based ingredients to create products that are as effective and luxurious as any mainstream luxury brand.” – Graydon
What I love about Graydon Skincare
1) Family- friendly and gender-neutral
Graydon’s line has everything you need for personal care whether you’re man or a woman. The line’s clean, modern and gender-neutral white packaging attests to that. Products such as Graydon’s All Over Face and Body Lotion and All Over Soap and Shampoo can easily live in your bathroom and be used by the whole family. They also help you cut down on extra products!
2) Nutrient-dense and easily-absorbed ingredients
Graydon Skincare is made in Canada with mostly Canadian ingredients such as broccoli from the Fraser Valley and cranberry from northern Quebec. Manuka honey, which has anti-inflammatory properties, comes from New Zealand and rosewater from fair-trade farmers in India. I absolutely love the company’s philosophy of feeding your skin as you would feed your body. See a full list of ingredients used in Graydon Skincare here.
“Our strategy is to fuel the body through the skin using bio-available ingredients like you’d put in your breakfast bowl (think superfoods like broccoli, berries, chia and avocado) so you will not need a science degree to read our full disclosure ingredient lists.” – Graydon
3) Clean airless pumps
Graydon Skincare uses the airless pump as their choice of packaging. The airless pump keeps skincare products clean from the constant dipping of fingers that can transfer bacteria into the product. This type of packaging keeps ingredients fresh longer since only the amount you need is pumped out and exposed to the elements. Graydon Skincare contains bioactive (having an effect on the skin) ingredients – omega-rich oils and antioxidants – which stay untouched inside the pump for optimal performance.
Graydon’s must-try products
1) Face Glow – a primer or illuminator that’s lightly-tinted and can be worn under your makeup or alone. Infused with mineral mica, it evens out skin tone and redirects light to blur imperfections Ingredients such as seabuckthorn, raspberry and pumpkin feed your skin the nutrients it needs. It also contains non-nano zinc oxide to give you sun protection 28 times the skin’s own. The texture is light and non-greasy helping it glide over your skin with ease, so you can reapply without feeling heavy or sticky. I love this product and the natural dewy look it gives my skin instead of a fake glow created by shimmery highlighters.
2) Aloe Milk Cleanser – it’s fall, so time to switch to a creamier cleanser – I just did! I love the silky texture of this one and the light citrusy scent. Apricot kernel oil, which is high in vitamin A, helps the skin rebuild tissues and regulate cellular growth. If you wear conventional mascara, you might need a face cloth to help it come off. I also love this Konjac facial sponge which I just started using because I got tired of makeup stained facecloths! It also amps up my cleansing routine by giving me a deeper cleanse.
3) PhytoClear Retinol Cream – Is there another skincare ingredient that gets as much attention as retinol? Retinol, also known as Vitamin A, can repair and rejuvenate the skin beautifully. However, not everyone can use it because of side effects on the skin such as irritation, peeling and dryness. Because of these unpleasant results on some skin types, botanical extracts have taken center stage. Graydon’s PhytoClear Retinol Cream contains two different botanical retinol alternatives.
Botanical Retinol Alternatives
The first is Bakuchiol, a powerful antioxidant, found in the leaves and seeds of the Psoralea corylifolia plant. The second, moth bean extract, is derived from the moth bean plant. It helps strengthen the dermis and decrease the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Both of these retinol alternatives are gentler than conventional retinol but pack a punch. Graydon’s PhytoClear Retinol cream is a light, fast-absorbing gel that’s excellent for combination skin. It also layers beautifully under your favorite facial oil!
All opinions used in this article are my own. I only recommend products I love or have seen positive results from on my clients. I have not been provided with any compensation to write this review. You can find my favorite Graydon Skincare products in my online store. If want to understand why your skin would benefit from a botanical retinol alternative, please check out my blog on the topic.
Message me if you have any questions about Graydon Skincare or anything else green beauty related at all.